I WISH YOU ALWAYS
AIR TO BREATHE
FIRE TO WARM YOU
WATER TO DRINK
AND
THE EARTH TO LIVE IN

Sunday, February 21, 2010

Instructional Design Models

This assignment has been very challenging this is like a foreign language to me. From what I have researched and sifted through the two models that I looked at were Dick and Carey System and Gagne System. The two are similar in that they both give stimulation on a visual and also engaging in interaction of questions that the learner has to participate in the solution. These models could be very helpful with the students who are a little slower in reading and involving themselves in the classroom with the visual approach.
As I look at the two on how they differ I feel that Dick and Carey could be a little more rigid and lengthy for me to use in the classes I teach. The Gagne System seems more interactive with the learner and more to the point.
Being in the Physical Education Department in the college students are coming to work out. I would love to create a blog to where I could post information that they don’t have the opportunity to experience in the little time we have together twice a week for 50 minutes. The blog would have subjects of the philosophy of yoga, giving visual examples for the asanas with pod cast, using jing for vocal pronunciation of the sankrit pronunciation for the asanas, breath work and for special mantras that can be put to song. Some of the student questions that come up in class “Is how can I remember all that we learn in class?” visual and vocal would be a glorious asset to take their yoga practice outside the classroom. This week just to keep them interested and informed outside the class I’m bringing in my collection of the Yoga Journal Magazine (I have a lot of them) this magazine is full of information that I feel they would truly benefit from. They can take a few home when they are done they will bring them back and share through the class. Sure would be nice to just post on a blog with the information of this magazine and the many windows filled with incredible knowledge and the philosophy of yoga that is just at our finger tips.

1 comment:

  1. You can always refer them to yogajournal.com, though what you have in print might not be in the online version.

    and I would always say that the Instructional Design Models are suggestions not be followed to the "t".

    ReplyDelete