I WISH YOU ALWAYS
AIR TO BREATHE
FIRE TO WARM YOU
WATER TO DRINK
AND
THE EARTH TO LIVE IN

Sunday, February 28, 2010

Using a Wiki in the Classroom

I’m sitting at my computer, just adding the final touches to the wiki that I designed all by myself (and thank you Todd for the help to make this possible). This really opened my eyes as to how I could use this tool in the classroom. I have mentioned that the classes are too short teaching a yoga class. Using this wiki tool would take the class to the next level of learning, by lengthening the class and also, keeping them interested on the subject outside of the classroom. I’m really encouraging them to look deeper into the other limbs of the practice of yoga by reading and researching on the internet, so this would help them to find this information on the wiki. I have a section on philosophy and spirituality this would be a great way to have them engage with finding different translation on the yoga sutras. When I was in school for my master in yoga one of the homework projects that we had to do was to write down as many translations on the yoga sutras. By writing the many different translations down really helped me to comprehend what the meanings of each of the sutras from every master or teacher that expressed their explanations. The other section on asanas this would be helpful by the demonstrations on the poses that were challenging or to refresh their memory. Using a wiki they can look it up and research with either books or on line and share their understanding with everyone or what they would like to share if they found something of interest.

No comments:

Post a Comment