I WISH YOU ALWAYS
AIR TO BREATHE
FIRE TO WARM YOU
WATER TO DRINK
AND
THE EARTH TO LIVE IN

Tuesday, March 2, 2010

Classroom 2.0

Reading and digesting what Steve Hargadon wrote, two of the topics that drew my attention.

Topic #2
"Topic or content maybe not as important as the act of engagement".

Diving into the topics to discuss really brings out the passion of what I love to talk and share about. I love getting prepared for the class that is ahead. Every time I open a book or go on line it opens up many of these little tidbits of awareness and knowledge that brings out the wonderful passion of teaching. My definition of the many opportunities that are open to share with the students are called the “nanny” just assisting us to bring our gifts of teaching to a new level. So, if things go south we sit up take a deep breath and say good notice.
Topic #4
"A network must fulfill some compelling needs". This is the challenge I have experienced being in this class creating the different windows of technology. I’m not saying that this is a bad challenge, it is using your creative juices to grab the attention of the student population that travels through the network that seems to be where this generation is at and keeps going on and on and on OH! I’m sorry I was taken into the many layers of the cyberspace. I’ve really enjoyed working on the blog and wiki because it has opened up a whole new way of bringing the practice of yoga to the students. After class there is always someone who is coming up and wanting to know more, I suggest for them to go on line and look into the many traditions of yoga. It will be such a rewarding feeling when I can suggest to go to my blog or wiki for this information or the demonstrations of what they have asked or questioned in class and also, to contribute to the class with how they felt with their experience practicing yoga and also, their knowingness of yoga. I love to hear what they have to say before and during class.

No comments:

Post a Comment